Tuesday, October 18, 2005

and now for something completeley different. . .

First off, I'll reiterate that I do love gso and am psyched to have been a first-hand witness to so much excitement in this period of rejuvenation and redefinition. The crowded sidewalks on any given night, the stores filling spaces abandoned for years, the plans for new housing, offices, and retail. I mean, it's pretty damn impressive considering what the place looked like just five years ago.

Second of all, despite my enthusiasm and love for the community, I've actually jumped ship due to a job opportunity in DC. I do love gso and will always be a big fan/promoter of it, but this is the right move for me for now.

Thirdly and as a result, I'm probably not going to continue blogging on ole gso. I'm significantly out of the loop on a lot of things and as a result (JP's no more what? A new hair salon on Elm Street? 411 West Washington's progress? Etc. . . ), by the time I'd get around to blogging about it it'd be so-five-minutes-ago that it wouldn't be worth it.

I think I'm going to start a DC blog (not that you'd be interested if you're a gso-er), however, and will be sure to include the link to it here when I get around to it. . .

Anyway, thanks for reading!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skybar and The Next Door tavern have also closed now. The ABC busted them yet again and they are both closed. They are putting a Euro 70's dance place below Rum Runners in the old Kress center.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home